SNOWSHOEING IN TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK
Winter – Relaxing wandering in the hills and mountains around Bovec
Half day activity
Duration: up to 5 hours
Price: 55,00 eur / person
Tastes of the winter adventure
Half day activity
ABOUT THE TOUR
Meeting point: 9.00 AM
Season from December to April
We will meet in the Café 1920 on the main square where the history of Bovec takes place.
In a pleasant atmosphere, with a fragrant morning coffee, we will briefly introduce ourselves and discuss the course of the day.
We then head to our starting point, which is about 25 minutes away by car from the center of Bovec, where I will distribute your equipment. I will also briefly explain and demonstrate how easiest to use snowshoes.
We will stroll to the nearby mountain pasture, admiring the beauty of the winter idyll.
If the snow conditions allow us, we will climb through the forest to the top of the saddle.
On the way up, I will show an example of a test of the snow surface, which is done in the event of a snow avalanche.
If we have some more energy, we can make a small snow shelter together in case we get a night out and have to bivouac.
We will end our tour at the Café with hot tea or mulled wine.
Where we will be
Our activity begins in the village Log pod Mangartom , a 20-minute drive from Bovec, far from the crazy world and takes us to the heart of the Triglav National Park.
Difficulty – easy to medium
Endurance needed – basic to medium
This tour is suitable for all with basic endurance as well as for families with children from 12 years onwards. You must be able to walk uphill 1,5 to 2 hours slowly.
Duration: up to 5 hours (incl. transport, stops and photography )
- 55,00 eur (min 2 persons ), families of 3 and more, 45 eur/child
- Individual tour – one person only : 140 Eur
Included in price
- Professional mountain / local tourist guide
- Snowshoes, treking poles, backpacks if you don’t have your own
- Welcome drink / morning coffe
- A brief introduction on the proper use of snowshoes and trekking poles
- Useful tips for walking in the snow
- useful tips for surviving in nature in winter
- Explore the trails in Triglav National Park
- Photos for unforgettable memories
Price does not include
- Extra food and drinks
Good to know
- Minimum age 12 years
- Children under 18 must have at least one accompanied parent. The activity is also suitable for families with children from 12 years upwards.
- As our activity occurs in nature and in winter, in case of bad snow conditions the location can change and adapt to the given conditions.
- Guests with past injuries should consult with us before deciding on an activity
- transport with your own vehicles (Covid rules)
What to bring
Warm footwear, warm comfortable clothing,wind jacket, gloves and hats, sunglasses, UV protection, small backpack, snacks and drinks, a camera or mobile phone for unforgettable memories.