ABANDONED VILLAGE ABOVE THE SOČA RIVER
Half day activity
- Difficulty – easy
- Duration: up to 4 hours (incl. transfer time)
- Price: 40,00 eur / person
A pleasant walk to the picturesque mountain pasture
Half day activity
Meeting time: 9.00 am
We’ll meet you at the cozy Gouf Bar on the main square in Bovec.
In a pleasant atmosphere, with a fragrant morning coffee, we will briefly introduce ourselves and discuss the course of the day.
We then head to our starting point, which is about 20 minutes away by car from the center of Bovec.
Our trail takes us to a mountain pasture, in a village where people lived 45 years ago. Water scarcity and hard living drove people to the valley. We still see beautiful meadows that silently testify to human dignity and the fight against raw nature.
At the point of view, we will rest and enjoy the views of the Soča Valley and the surrounding mountains.
We will return to the valley along the old shepherd’s path through the magical forest, we will be accompanied by bird singing, and we will probably see a black squirrel as well.
We will finish our walk with lunch at a local restaurant, where we will try local dishes.(recomended)
Where we will be
Our activity begins in the village of Soča, far from the crazy world and takes us to the heart of the Triglav National Park.
Difficulty – easy
The route is technically simple, suitable for all generations as well as for families with small children (from 9 years old) as well as for older guests. The walk will take about 2 to 3 hours, climbing about 400 meters from starting point.
Duration: up to 4 hours (incl. transfer time)
- 40,00 eur/person , (min 2 persons)
families of 3 and more, 20 eur/child
Included in price
- Professional English speaking local guide
- Transport with air-conditioned minivan / or off road suv
- Hiking sticks will be available, backpacks of different sizes, unless the guest has a suitable backpack
- Limited group tour up to 7 participants
Price does not include
- Food and drinks
Good to know
- Minimum age 9 years
- Basic physical condition is required
- Guests with past injuries should consult with us before deciding on an activity
Recommended for guest to bring
Hiking boots / shoes , comfortable clothes, small backpack, snacks and drinks, a camera or mobile phone for unforgettable memories, sun glasess.