ALONG THE FRONT LINE OF WW1
E-Bike tour – in the footsteps of 1st world war by bycicle and on foot
Half day activity / limited group tour
- Difficulty – easy to medium
- Duration: up to 4,5 hours, including stops
- Price: 95,00 eur / person, e-bike included
A brief look at the bloody history of Bovec valley
Half day activity / morning or afternoon / limited group tour
Meeting point: 8.30 AM / or 14.00 PM
Season from April / May to September / October
We will meet in the main square under the linden tree of peace.
First, we will briefly focus on the selection of E-Bikes, technical details and special features of the ride
Then the path will take us 100 years back to the bloody history of our valley, which found itself in the middle of the front line. We will follow the freight route to Fort Herman Fortress, and along the side routes to Battery Kal on the slope of Mount Svinjak.
100 years before the start of WW1, our poet Simon Gregorčič announced a great war in the written song “Soča” which will turn the Soča River red.
Let it never happen again.
Where we will be
Bovec field, Kluže fortress, Fort Hermann fortress, Batery Kal fortress, trenches and caves, Koritnica gorge, Hirklca hanging bridge and Brjeka hanging bridge in Triglav National Park, Magnetic rock, Golobar wooden cable car, World War 1 Military Cemetery
Difficulty – easy to medium
This tour is suitable for all bikers as well as for families with children from 12 years onwards We will walk in total aproximately 1,5 h, uphill 200 metres, and 20 km by E-Bike.
Endurance needed – basic
This tour is suitable for all with basic endurance as well as for families with children from 12 years onwards. You must be able to walk uphill 1,5 to 2 hours slowly.
Duration: up to 4,5 hours (incl. stops and photography )
- 95,00 eur (min 2 persons )
- Individual tour – only one person : 180 Eur
Included in price
- Professional mountain bike local tourist guide
- High quality E-Bikes , helmet,
- A brief introduction to the E-bike and how it works
- Useful tips on cycling technique
- Explore the trails in Triglav National Park
- Photos for unforgettable memories
- Limited group tour up to 7 participants
Price does not include
- Extra food and drinks
Good to know
- Minimum age 12 years
- Cycling knowledge required
- Guests with past injuries should consult with us before deciding on an activity
- Our route will lead through Bovec and its surroundings on a light cycling and hiking tour
- Along the way we will stop at the attractive location of the Soča River.
What to bring
Hiking boots or training shoes , comfortable clothes, wind jacket, hat, swim wear / swim shorts and towell ( in the summer only ), small backpack, snacks and drinks, a camera or mobile phone for unforgettable memories, sun glasess.